Spring has sprung and since I haven’t begun my outdoor gardening, I figure I’ll bring spring into my laundry area. My plants are such an important part of my home environment and having them share the space to do laundry in would make it a more colorful place for me. It’s my sorta-kinda outdoor “inside” place. The curtains were kept simple with floral fabrics as well as the sitting chairs , which were reupholstered found items, using similar floral pattern which add to the cheeriness of the space. Now when I do laundry I can also say hello to my plants!
The Spring Bunny
This corner area has spring all over it! From the vintage hats stand to the floral pillow.
This catches all the loose coins found in the wash
Vintage enamel light
The floral light fixture was an aution steal for $8.00
She stands by the wash 🙂
Gotta have a water feature in the garden
And no garden is complete without a beautiful butterfly nearby, and can’t forget the creepy spider
Room with a garden view
There’s alot more to creating a beautiful, functional laundry space other than wishing for it. Let’s use a bit of psychology by believing if we make the space more inviting perhaps the chore won’t seem as “chore-ish” (if that’s a word). It all has to start with motivation, then next comes inspiration and finally determination. Usually motivation is the hardest part -given it’s the first step, so now’s the time to make the effort. I’d like to share the second step- inspiration- with you. I became inspired by skimming through magazines and books and countless hours internet photo searching. I’ve narrowed down my likes and would like to share them with you. I hope they inspire you as much as they have inspired me. Lastly is determination – and that will be up to you to be determined to keep it that way. I know I am…
The window in my family room was broken (a big mishap) and has been a another disaster to deal with. I’ve searched all around trying to find the thrifty way to have it repaired. So off to the glass shops I went. Well needless to say they were quoting hundreds to repair the window especially because of it being a double window. Hmmm.. there’s gotta be a better way because the thifty side of me just couldn’t see spending that much on an “inside the house” window. My trusty carpenter went to work. First, I had to finish breaking the glass out.. and he was able to install the picture window. Afterwards my creative juices kicked in. We had several pieces of 1/4 round molding left over so.. why not do makeshift panels for the window… James the carpenter had his doubts.. but after we got started – it all came together.
The broken window
The window pane is in
We put in the first level of molding on and it’s coming along
My handy glue gun
James the wonderful carpenter
Voila – its finished
Looks like a duplicate to me
Now the window is complete.. I’m so happy and for $24.00 its all done.
If you’re like me and have a fettish for ornate pieces, but hate to throw away broken items…well here are two of my found items that were too nice to throw away. One is an old stained light fixture and the other is a lamp base. They were just too nice to toss away in the trash.. there had to be a better use for them. So, just by adding a charger plate on top and a pillar candle simply decorated with feathers (because I love feathers) gave a new look for them as my candle bases. My trash to treasure and a great new use!
Old stained glass light fixture
Old lamp base
The pile up
It’s been a long time coming and finally I’ve decided to tackle this project. When we moved into the house, the closet’s were the least of my worries to work on. I knew eventually I would have to deal with it. Since I said this year would be my “Clear the Clutter – and Get Organized” year, I felt this is perfect. I needed a space to call my office and since it would be a million times cheaper than adding a room so the clutter closet became my spot. Now it’s embarassing to show the before, but I’m sure many of us have an eye sore. So here it goes..”gulp”.. 🙂 because I’m so pleased with the end.
Clutter all gone!
I can see the floor now.. and don’t like what I see. Luckily, I saved some flooring left over from another project…
Pinkylicious was the perfect palette for the cozy space. Now comes the fun part of creating the right atmosphere.
I made the shelves from scrap wood and painted them black.
A print I picked up at the flea market – and used a frame I already had
Good use of free fruit baskets
Keyboard Tray installed
Josephine Baker art framed in vintage frame painted white
A vintage toast holder holds the daily mail
I am definitely pleased with my finished project!! Now off to the next one … See you soon, and thanks for dropping in to see my latest project